Monday, May 9, 2011

Nightmare

by Ingrid Prohaska

"Nightmare" Johann Heinrich Füssli
I feel locked in
locked in in myself

A voice with the desire to sing
sings within myself
sounds more like a cry
a cry echoing inside the body

The waves of the sound
can't leave the body
hit against the shell
again and again
can not break through it

The fear of an airless room outside
where the voice can not be heard
inside a painful pounding of thoughts
words are crossing each other
disturbing each other

The room is too small
my thoughts can not work
can't develop themselves
not even complete themselves
are going to be crazy

A valve
where is the valve
here it is
but it is closed
blocked with a plug
a plug of  - "do not tell"

A sudden awakening

A trembling hand
reached for the pen
and wrote down these lines.

The valve is open,
she smiled.

Copyright © 2011 Ingrid Prohaska

_

2 comments:

  1. Pressure is a tough thing - it can make us feel overwhelmed, and it can push us towards what we ought to be doing.

    Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, JRD!
    Actually I struggled with myself for hours if I should post it.
    I'm really happy that I did it and that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete