Saturday, July 4, 2009

Daybreak in Fall

by Ingrid Prohaska



One day it happened.
Fear hit me in the face.
"Not with me" I thought, and called for satisfaction.

Daybreak in fall in a glade in the deep forest.
There stood eye to eye
on one side - Fear. Evil experience the second;
on the other side - I. My second was called Self-love.
We chose our guns, the duel could begin.
One, two - I heard the leaves rustle under my feet,
three, four - my knees felt weak,
five, six - "kill the fear, kill the fear",
seven, eight - "before Fear kills you",
nine, ten
I turned around;
a shot was heard;
I fell to the ground;
Fear disappeared.
A nightmare gone,
a dream fulfilled.
Freedom came to me;
Self-love helped me to my feet again.

And if you say "This story is fiction!",
I answer you "How real is fear?"

Copyright © 2007 Ingrid Prohaska
_

No comments:

Post a Comment